If we were having coffee, I’d tell you all about our holiday in Devon. I’ve written some reflections about our time away this week (Summer Holiday), but I haven’t had a chance to tell you yet how much I enjoyed jumping in muddy puddles and running into the Atlantic ocean with my son. We sat quietly by a lake and drank in its stillness. We made lots of noise playing on musical instruments and singing as loudly as we could. Holding his hand while walking in woods, I felt my heart swelling with gratitude for having him in my life. It has been a life-long dream. I was glad to have time and space to savour those special moments of deep connection between us.
If we were having coffee, I’d tell you that we are having a challenging week-end. It’s hard to believe that I took this photo on Tuesday when I went to paddle in the sea. Yesterday morning my son returned from the nursery with chicken pox. It means several things:
- He’ll be off nursery for a week;
- I’ll need to cancel/reschedule whatever I’ve got next week;
- I’m probably infected too because I haven’t had chicken pox as a child;
- My baby girl might get chicken pox too;
- The timing could not have been worse, because we are visiting my family in Azerbaijan in two weeks time and the next week meant to be about getting ready.
Well, whatever it is we shall survive. I hope you have a great week ahead. Do stop by Diana’s website. She kindly hosts week-end coffee shares.