Today’s post is very different from anything I’ve done before. I hope you can join me on today’s journey to heal wounds left by disappointment and rejection. Some of you may have seen my post from earlier this week in which I discussed the mindset when we submit work, apply for jobs, etc. A lot of people resonated with the post as reflected in the comments. So, I decided to offer some compassion statements based on those comments to clear any inner blocks caused by rejection and disappointment. Initially, I was planning to do an audio recording, but my dental surgery on Tuesday left me aching and this is the best I can do right now. Please join me on this adventure.
All you need to do is to take a couple of comfortable breaths in your belly. Do it now, if you can. Bring your attention to your heart centre and solar plexus. Imagine warm heart energy emanating from your heart centre. Then repeat the phrases after me (or you can read them below). If there’s a block, your self-compassion will clear it. If a statement doesn’t resonate, it won’t do any harm. Give it a go! You may be pleasantly surprised. Are you still with me?
If you prefer to read the statements yourself, please, take a moment to ground yourself. Feel your feet on the floor, shake off any tension you may be holding in your body. Take a nice comfortable breath in and sigh it out. Focus on your heart centre and solar plexus, imagine giving yourself your warm heart-energy, and say each phrase out loud:
- On rejection:
- I’m so sorry you were rejected.
- I’m so sorry they rejected you.
- I’m so sorry no one is perfect.
- I’m so sorry that you fear rejection even before you’ve applied for something.
- I’m so sorry that you don’t even try to put yourself out anymore.
- I’m so sorry you set yourself up for failure.
- I’m so sorry rejection is a self-fulfilling prophecy.
- I’m so sorry that it’s difficult to be kind to yourself when you are rejected.
- I’m so sorry this is such a familiar territory.
- I’m so sorry success just means higher-level let-downs.
- I’m so sorry it’s not safe to succeed.
- I’m so sorry that you can’t stay detached from the outcome.
- I’m so sorry that to reach a goal you have to walk a difficult path.
- On disappointment:
- I’m so sorry that you are disappointed.
- I’m so sorry that you’ve been wearing a mantle of disappointment for so long.
- I’m so sorry that this mantle of disappointment turned into the second skin.
- I’m so sorry anticipated disappointment is sitting on your shoulders and weighting you down.
- I’m so sorry you brace yourself for potential disappointment.
- I’m so sorry you hold your breath while waiting for the outcome.
- I’m so sorry you are shamed by your hopes sometimes.
- I’m so sorry it’s difficult to acknowledge disappointment.
- I’m so sorry you feel unworthy at times.
- I’m so sorry that every rejection and disappointment proves that you were not good enough.
- I’m so sorry that disappointment brings you down.
- I’m so sorry that you don’t recognise the good that appears if it takes a shape different from that you were hoping for.
- I’m so sorry you may have many more days of rejection ahead of you.
- I’m so sorry it’s difficult to stay open in the face of rejection and disappointment.
That’s it. Take a nice deep breath. How are you feeling? Which phrases resonated strongly with you? Let me know in the comments box below. I’d love to hear from you.