Earlier this week, I wrote a post about my past tendency to search for happiness and fulfilment outside of myself. The external circumstances and achievements gave me a short-lived satisfaction, but they didn’t change my inner state. It’s only through self-compassion and other forms of healing, I was able to open up to the joy and happiness that resides within. When we release the patterns which stop our light from shining out freely, we don’t even have to resort to the ‘positive’ talk. It comes naturally, because that’s our true essence.
So, if you are willing to release some of those patterns, please join me for today’s healing meditation. I’ve compiled a list of compassion phrases from the comments people made in response to my post Can Publishing a Book Make You Happy? As I mentioned in my previous posts, these statements are not affirmations. Their purpose is to dissolve any blocks and unhealthy patterns, if any. If you say a phrase and there’s no resonance, that’s OK. There’s no harm in giving yourself compassion. And if something else is coming up for you, feel free to change the words.
If you prefer to read the statements, please take a couple of breaths to ground yourself, bring your attention to your heart-centre and solar plexus, and give yourself warm heart energy, while reading out the statements (preferably out loud).
- I’m so sorry you’ve been waiting for someone else to make you happy
- I’m so sorry that you forgot that happiness resides within
- I’m so sorry you accidentally disconnected from your inner joy
- I’m so sorry that having very high expectations led to disappointment in the past
- I’m so sorry you used the external achievements as the ‘proof’ of your self-worth
- I’m so sorry the high of external achievements is short lived
- I’m so sorry that completing a big project does not always bring happiness
- I’m so sorry you forgot that the big achievement did not change those areas of your life which made you unhappy in the first place
- I’m so sorry you are sad
- I’m so sorry you put all your eggs in one basket
- I’m so sorry you’ve been waiting for validation for so long
- I’m so sorry you believed that you’ll be loved more for your accomplishments
That’s it for now. Take a deep breath in through your nose and exhale through your mouth; bring your attention to your feet on the ground; and have a glass of water as soon as possible.
So, how was it? Let me know below, please.