I wrote a blog post recently on not feeling good enough for a large proportion of my life. It received a lot of attention from readers, with several people re-blogging it. This resonance with the topic made me wonder whether it’s worth running a series on my blog where people can contribute their stories of feeling not good enough at some point in their lives and how they managed to overcome this limiting belief.
So, if you’d like to contribute, please
1. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest.
2. Submit an engaging story explaining how the feeling ‘not good enough’ showed up in your life, what did you learn from this experience, and how did you manage to overcome it (if it’s an ongoing struggle, it’s not a problem. Sometimes naming things and being honest about them can have a transformative effect in their own right).
3. Stories should be 500-800 words. If it’s a longer piece, it’s not a problem, get in touch anyway.
4. If you have a suitable image, please send it through.
5. You can include a short bio (up to 50 words), links to your website (if any) and social media presence.
6. I will promote your post on Twitter and Facebook.
My hope is to inspire readers and infuse them with hope. From my own experience, I know how isolating this feeling can makes us. We hide our shame, and with it we hide away from life and people. Stepping forward and naming the feeling is the best remedy to dissipating it.
You are not alone.
I hope my blog becomes a safe place where we can share our stories and grow through this limiting belief together.