- FORTHCOMING EVENTS
- OVERCOMING WRITER’S BLOCK
- What gets in the way of your writing or sharing your work with the world. Perfectionism? Procrastination? Low self-confidence? Behind so-called ‘writer’s block’ there’s often an old fear or an emotional wound which probably has little to do with the present day situation. Perhaps someone criticised you at home or school for being lazy or not expressing yourself clearly. As children we may not have had the resources to process that hurt. Chances are it now plagues your writing. When you acknowledge and release old wounds, your writing can gain momentum. In this healing and self-enquiry workshop, you will have a chance to learn how to heal your creativity blocks through simple and powerful healing techniques.
- Date: 18 October 2017
- Time: 2pm-4:30pm
- This event is for Writing West Midlands only
Exploring writer’s block: an interactive workshop.
- Date: 11 June 2017
- Venue: University of Birmingham
WRITERS’ BLOCK: FRIEND OR FOE
Writers’ block is a phenomenon experienced by many writers. Often, it is an emotional block that stops you from letting your writing flow effortlessly. In this healing and self-enquiry workshop, you will have a chance to get to know your writer’s block more intimately. Through simple and powerful healing techniques, you can learn to heal blocks stifling your creativity.
Thank you so very much for such an amazing, powerful and healing workshop yesterday, it had a very profound effect for me, and I have new clarity over a number of things now as a result of it. Louise Stokes, writer.
- Date: 9 June 2017
- Time: 10am-12:00noon
- Venue: Rowheath Pavilion, Birmingham B30 1HH.
- Early bird price: £20 if booked by 22 May; £25 thereafter.
To book please email Gulara at email@example.com. Places are limited.
Speaker on the panel on ‘Outrageous Fortune – Keeping Writing and the words coming year after year’
- Date: 10 June 2017
- Time: 10:35am-11:35am
In this session, led by writer and University of Birmingham lecturer Dr Gulara Vincent, you will have a chance to get to know your writer’s block more intimately.